VOICE, SONGWRITING, PERFORMANCE LESSONS
One on One Training
Private voice lessons, singing lessons and coaching or performance lessons are open to anyone, from professional to beginning singers, including younger students from elementary, intermediate and high school but I do request parents approval from younger students. I've worked with most all age groups, from ages 6 through 70's (so much fun with both age groups). If you enjoy music, have a desire to sing and or write songs or need to be able to perform better, I can help!
Currently sing in a band and never had voice lessons or just need a tune up? Do you sing in church and would love to take voice lessons to be able to sing that solo? Never actually had a voice lesson to learn the proper skills and technic? Want to learn better performance and how to "COMMAND" your audience's attention? Want to learn how to sing like the pro's do?
Your voice is your instrument, just like a guitar or piano, and knowing how to effectively communicate your voice to your audience is the secret. It's not just memorizing the lyrics and melody and it's definitely not copying the original artist....The key is to understand the meaning of the lyric and why the songwriters chose that melody to support the lyric and then effectively convey those emotion's to your audience. I'll record you and you listen to yourself as you improve, just as you stand "in front of a mirror, to see how you look today", you need to actually hear yourself, performing that same material you enjoy with music.
Anyone can SING! "Yes, anyone can sing!" If you can talk, you can sing! But it takes the desire and it's learning how to sing and how to understand your singing voice in an entertaining and professional manner that makes the difference! And yes, it takes patience and practice!
As most singers and songwriters soon learn, normal recording rates are high. My services are on a par with piano and guitar teachers, very affordable and I don't sell time!!!
- My voice lessons teach you how to sing performance based music, be it "pop, christian, country, blues, showtunes, rock, jazz, etc."
- In addition, you'll learn the proper technical skills with regards to breathing, range, vibrato and so much more.
- No boring drills and you'll sing real songs that you love and "want" to sing.
- Do you want to learn how to play the guitar or piano and how that can help you sing better, I can help you there too! And with a extremely easy method. Learn in minutes!!! NO JOKE!!!
How to sing songs in an entertaining manner, how to pick the material best suited for you and how you should only sing to your strengths! So very critical! I teach singers how to properly learn new songs, and how to add that "personal touch"!
- My voice lessons and singing lessons are structured to teach vocal performance, increasing range, learning vibrato, using power without vocal strain, harmony, warm-ups, "tricks of the trade" and more, and all done without "boring drills"! Singers are taught how to best use the strengths of their voice and "set themselves apart" from the others and give themselves a "voice of their own". I teach you "how to breathe life" into a song with emotion and how to "perform" the lyric as an actor would.
- Good professional singers know the importance of delivering the rhythm and meter of a song, as that can be the difference between the average singer with a good voice and the professional singer that always "leaves the audience begging for more"!!!
I also teach the recording process and its pitfalls, how the recording engineer works for you, how to work with a producer, being prepared, singing with a band, overdubs, retakes, performing before an audience, etc. Singers and Songwriters alike are taught how to enjoy and learn from the recording process.
- Most recording studios sell time and I don't! The recording studio is used not only to record but as a tool to measure progress and to formulate new ideas for creativity along with creating productions for singers and songwriters alike.
I encourage everyone to write song lyrics and I teach those willing how to become a songwriter. Understanding the relationship of a song and its lyric to your vocal delivery of that song is key to properly communicating with your audience.
Songwriters and lyricists are taught how to write in a different and meaningful way and give their songs energy, emotion and a "stamp" that people remember.
- I'll teach you how to "craft" a song from a simple idea to a complete composition
- How to structure a song using the verse, chorus, bridge, pre-chorus and tools at hand
- How to create lyrics that stimulate emotion and find lyrics that say more with less
- How to create a melody that embodies the lyric and is meaningful and memorable
Once we begin, we'll establish communication be it phone, email, etc.
and I try to always be available to assist with questions,
difficulties learning new material, difficulty with exercises, etc.
and even song tracks we're working on can be sent to you for rehearsal.
Click on the "Contact Page" button on your left and fill out your contact information. Be sure and leave me the best times to call you and once we make contact, we'll further discuss any details and questions you have. If you're a performer and would like for me to come hear you for a critique or know my interest in producing you in the studio, just fill out that information and I'll be in touch. If you have existing song material and want a review or you have a recording of your singing and want a review, just attach an mp3 recording and I'll be in touch.